[arch-general] Do I need HAL?

Lukas Fleischer archlinux at cryptocrack.de
Mon Jun 21 16:47:59 EDT 2010

On Mon, Jun 21, 2010 at 09:21:39PM +0200, "Jérôme M. Berger" wrote:
> > After an upgrade, it will remain on your system if you do a pacman -Qdt
> >
> 	According to that rule, I don't need xorg-server !??? Some packages
> are missing a dep here, I think...

That's correct. Only few packages actually depend on xorg-server
(blackbox, enter, grass, hacburn, lwm, nvidia-utils, perl-x11-protocol,
windowlab and xkbsel). As a workaround you can either mark xorg-server
as installed explicitly by uninstalling/reinstalling the package or by
using `pacman -D --asexplicit` (the latter only works with
pacman>=3.4.0) or create a meta package with xorg-server as dependency.