[arch-general] makepkg creates symlink to the package file

Attila vodoo0904 at sonnenkinder.org
Wed Jun 23 01:11:01 EDT 2010

At Mittwoch, 23. Juni 2010 05:48 Allan McRae wrote:

> Possibly...   I do not use "makepkg -i" as I use "makepkg -sr" so it
> removed the makedepends that will be unneeded in the future.   Using
> "makepkg -c" clean up the dangling symlinks.

I even use "makepkg -c" too and the symlink is still there. And i never install
my own packages with "pacman -U" because i have my own repo on the server.
Therefore i use "pacman -S" because than i can install it from my other pc too.

Or do you mean that a "makepkg -c" will clean elder invalid symlinks?

See you, Attila