[arch-general] makepkg creates symlink to the package file

Attila vodoo0904 at sonnenkinder.org
Wed Jun 23 01:32:22 EDT 2010

At Mittwoch, 23. Juni 2010 06:06 Dan McGee wrote:

> It is also a very helpful symlink for those of us that like to run
> namcap after building to check the package.

I must correct myself and have a from my view better idea for this.

I suggest a new option "-n" (or "--namcap") which runs namacp after a successful
build of a package. If "makepkg -cn" is used the symlink gets even deleted (or
not created) and in the other cases it can stay at this position.

Another question: Is there a way to delete this symlink and his target in one
step on the command line? Than this symlink could be a bigger help because you
get remembered that there is a older package in your repo.

At the end i must say that this symlink is not a problem for me and there be
advantages too so i can live with it. So please don't see my points as
criticism.

See you, Attila