[arch-general] Catalyst-test

Nathan Wayde kumyco at konnichi.com
Wed Jun 23 07:12:02 EDT 2010

On 23/06/10 12:02, Madhurya Kakati wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 23, 2010 at 4:25 PM, Nathan Wayde<kumyco at konnichi.com>  wrote:
>> On 23/06/10 11:39, Madhurya Kakati wrote:

>>> O.K so what do i have to do? just install catalyst or remove
>>> catalyst-test and then install it?
>>>
>> instructions are here
>> http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/ATI_Catalyst#Catalyst.27s_repositories
>>
>> just pick your repo and `pacman -S catalyst` ...
>>

> Nathan Wayde Thank you. Was looking for a repo. didn't knew it existed.

I should also note: some of us have issues with some app most notably
xulrunner based apps like firefox and thunderbird wherein they fail to
renedr correctly thus leaving large black or greyed out portions on the
windows until they are exposed (move-over or switch tab etc).

this appears to be a bug with the new acceleration in 10.6, if you are
one of the unlucky you can force it to use the old method with
`aticonfig --set-pcs-str=DDX,ForceXAA,TRUE`
  however you may then need to use a patched xorg-server that fixed a
resize/maximize/... bug
I use `pacman -S xorg-server-1.8-catalyst-maximize-fix` there is also a
another fix for the same issues under xorg-server-backclear, don't ask
me which works better I couldn't tell any difference.