[arch-general] arch-general Digest, Vol 68, Issue 76

jelle at vdwaa.nl jelle at vdwaa.nl
Sat Jun 26 06:14:16 EDT 2010

> Message: 10
> Date: Sat, 26 Jun 2010 03:40:04 -0400
> From: Caleb Cushing <xenoterracide at gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: [arch-general] VLC and Wine have been out-of-date too
> 	long.
> To: ape at ape3000.com, 	General Discussion about Arch Linux
> 	<arch-general at archlinux.org>
>
> On Sat, Jun 26, 2010 at 3:28 AM, Lauri Niskanen <ape at ape3000.com> wrote:
>> VLC 1.1.0 was released about a week ago and Wine 1.2-rc1 was released
on
>> 2010-05-21. Now there is Wine 1.2-rc5.
>>

> let's please NOT take a policy of releasing 'release candidates' as
> stable to our users, RC's belong on AUR. also a week? that's it? get
> some patience, you want to complain... perl 5.12 is going on 6 months
> fast (and yes I am continuing to complain about that).

Considering that the wine RC's also have some major regression issue's, i
fully agree with Caleb. If you really want wine rc, grab it from the
arch-games repo

[arch-games]
Server = http://repo.exigen.org/arch/games/$ARCH/

Although it's still -rc4 there.

And if you really don't like it if your not full bleeding, use testing or
abs :)