[arch-general] Finally found a solution to slow USB on HAL

Denis A. Altoé Falqueto denisfalqueto at gmail.com
Mon Jun 28 12:33:30 EDT 2010

On Mon, Jun 28, 2010 at 1:21 PM, Pálffy András Gergely
<pagesailor at gmail.com> wrote:
> Works here too. Great, thanks.
>
> On Mon, Jun 28, 2010 at 1:25 PM, Nilesh Govindarajan <lists at itech7.com>wrote:
>
>>  I have made a patch for /usr/share/hal/fdi/20-storage-methods.fdi to force
>> async file transfer for vfat filesystems by commenting out flush and sync as
>> valid options from the list.
>> I checked the thing, now I'm getting the old high speed USB transfer.
>> Do take a look at it, and comment.

Yes, but you should keep in mind that you'll spend extra time when you
want to unmount your USB stick. So I prefer a "slow" transfer and a
fast unmount, because usually I'm in hurry for taking off the USB
drive and the unmounting visualizations are not very smart (only in
KDE SC 4.4 it is really usable).

--
A: Because it obfuscates the reading.
Q: Why is top posting so bad?