[arch-general] Bashification of initscripts for moderate speedup

Caleb Cushing xenoterracide at gmail.com
Mon Jun 28 12:27:03 EDT 2010

On Mon, Jun 28, 2010 at 11:03 AM, Victor Lowther
<victor.lowther at gmail.com> wrote:
> For me, part of it is that bash is used pretty ubiquitously as the
> configuration and scripting language of choice. Changing that to posix sh in
> one of the main config files would be a big shift.

there seems to be a shift to dash as the main system shell in some
distro's these days... and as openrc show's it's possible to do things
similar to how arch does it (and gentoo used to) without bash.

--
Caleb Cushing

http://xenoterracide.blogspot.com