[arch-general] Bashification of initscripts for moderate speedup

Caleb Cushing xenoterracide at gmail.com
Mon Jun 28 12:42:45 EDT 2010

On Mon, Jun 28, 2010 at 12:36 PM, Isaac Dupree
<ml at isaac.cedarswampstudios.org> wrote:
> IIRC, Busybox shell can get notable speed boost by incorporating versions of
> tools like sed into the same busybox executable, such that it often doesn't
> have to fork and load other short-lived programs.

I don't think it loads them into it... it provides them... for example
running busybox vi  will load busybox's version of vi. Doesn't mean
this isn't a good thing... symlinking vi  to busybox and then running
that vi is the same as typing busybox vi.

--
Caleb Cushing

http://xenoterracide.blogspot.com