[arch-general] Kernel panic after installing avr tools

Lukas Fleischer archlinux at cryptocrack.de
Mon Jun 28 14:01:32 EDT 2010

On Mon, Jun 28, 2010 at 07:58:36PM +0200, John Black wrote:
> mhh is there a way to install package onto a non-bootable system
> using pacman?

Yes, just boot from a live CD, mount your root partition and either
chroot into it or use the live CD's pacman(8) binary (and the "--root"
argument) if the non-bootable system's pacman doesn't work.

> I remember that binutils and glibc was updated, so if I could
> reverse that I would not have to reload the OS.

I'm not sure if downgrading binutils and glibc only will result in a
running system but give it a try :>