[arch-general] Totem leaves dvd mounted after quitting

David C. Rankin drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com
Tue Jun 29 01:05:04 EDT 2010

Guys,

	This may be normal, but I thought we had moved beyond having to manually
unmount CD/DVDs after use -- so I have either messed something up or there is a
lingering problem.

	The setup - new i686 install updated through today. I never watch DVDs on the
computer, but my son wanted to watch one and his sister had my laptop watching
another movie on it, so I set his box up to watch DVDs using totem in gnome.
After gathering all the dvdread/nav/etc.. all played just fine on his nvidia
9600 card and the nvidia 256.35-1 module.

	The problem occurred after I stopped the dvd and then exited totem. When I
tried to eject the DVD, it wouldn't -- the drive was still mounted (confirmed
with mount). Unmounting the drive fixed the problem, but I was left wondering
--> surely we shouldn't be still stuck with manually unmounting DVDs in Gnome??

	This being the first DVD I've tried to play, I didn't know, so I thought I
would put it out to the community for a quick answer and try to figure out if
this was something that needs reporting. Bug?

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.
Rankin Law Firm, PLLC