[arch-general] Bashification of initscripts for moderate speedup

solsTiCe d'Hiver solstice.dhiver at gmail.com
Tue Jun 29 06:55:07 EDT 2010

Le lundi 28 juin 2010 à 17:55 +0200, Lukáš Jirkovský a écrit :
> Actually I see the point of doing this. Arch is a modern distribution
> with the newest software around so why stuck with shell constructs
> which are probably dozens of years old?
>
> Lukas

Yes. I definitely agree. We have to pray that a dev is interested in the
patch now ;-)

@Victor:
You last commit that is supposed to fix whitespace mess in fact create a
mess with whitespace. Also it changes all the modelines for vim:
for example from
# vim: set ft=sh sw=2 ts=2 et:
# vim: set ft=sh sw=4 ts=4 et:

in fact, I would suggest that you revert your commit
59c7059e78491988c5d8d495c731fb66fe8f7224. It does not fix anything.

check for yourself with
git checkout bashification
git diff master
but