[arch-general] Licensing of Arch Wiki content

Dan McGee dpmcgee at gmail.com
Tue Jun 29 18:30:14 EDT 2010

On Tue, Jun 29, 2010 at 5:09 PM, Ananda Samaddar <ananda at samaddar.co.uk> wrote:
> On Thu, 17 Jun 2010 23:19:09 +0200
> Linas <linas_fi at ymail.com> wrote:
>
>> I assume this ask to have GFDL & CC-BY-SA content coexist at the
>> wiki. The existing content can only be relicensed by its authors. The
>> GFDL 1.3 gateway
>> expired on August 1, 2009.
>>

> I really need an answer on this as soon as possible.  For new Wiki
> articles would it be OK to add a footer in the article stating that it
> is licensed under a CC license and not the GFDL?  Any official word on
> this please from the Arch wiki admins or developers.  If you're not
> willing to officially allow CC licenses could the 'override' paragraph
> I'm suggesting for new content only be all right?

I honestly don't know who is going to reply to you. If you were to
just change the license I also don't think you'd have anyone come
after you anytime soon.

Who is in charge of the wiki these days I'm not sure, but I'd try to
get someone's attention besides mine- maybe Pierre or Aaron would be
the right guys.

-Dan