[arch-general] Licensing of Arch Wiki content

Ananda Samaddar ananda at samaddar.co.uk
Tue Jun 29 19:15:29 EDT 2010

On Tue, 29 Jun 2010 17:56:39 -0500
Aaron Griffin <aaronmgriffin at gmail.com> wrote:

> I was also waiting for someone more knowledgeable with regards to the
> wiki.
>
> If it's my say-so you want, I don't see a problem with adding
> *additional* content under CC. But switching all *existing* content to
> CC might be a problem.
>
> Is this sufficient?

Not really, I'm wanting to adapt a Gentoo document to Arch's needs.
This document is CC by SA attribution licensed.  The whole Wiki article
would have to be under the same license and not the GFDL.  The CC and
GFDL licenses are not compatible. Would it be ok to add a footer
paragraph to the Wiki article stating that the WHOLE article is CC
licensed and to disregard the GFDL footer at the bottom? This would
only be for new Wiki articles. I am not proposing re-licensing existing
Wiki articles.

thanks,

Ananda