[arch-general] Xorg 1.8, Nvidia 6200 Videoseven monitor

fons at kokkinizita.net fons at kokkinizita.net
Wed Jun 30 08:40:57 EDT 2010

On Wed, Jun 30, 2010 at 10:55:00AM +0200, Thomas Bächler wrote:

> Also, if you really want to use a free driver, don't use nv, it sucks -
> use nouveau instead.

Well my experience is quite different. I had to revert to nv
on some audio workstations because nouveau seems to block
interrupts or otherwise lock out the audio interface for
much too long. Even moderate audio period sizes such as
256 frames are completely unusable. This seems to depend
on the actual video card - on some other machines nouveau
does work OK.

Ciao,

--
FA