[arch-general] groupmod / pam bug - Arch hit by http://bugs.gentoo.org/300790

fons at kokkinizita.net fons at kokkinizita.net
Tue Mar 2 11:09:57 EST 2010

On Tue, Mar 02, 2010 at 10:38:55AM -0500, David Rosenstrauch wrote:

> >You can, using repos.archlinux.org
>
> ???
>
> I think the OP was saying that he wanted the source code for the
> app. repos.archlinux.org only holds PKGBUILD scripts, not the app's
> source code.

Correct, but then makepkg -o will retrieve the sources.

I patched groupmod, remade and installed the shadow package.

Now there is one remaining question: may I assume
that when shadow is updated in [core] the groupmod
bug will be fixed (it effectively renders groupmod
useless) ?

I see three possibles outcomes:

* Yes.
* Depends on the maintainer of that package.
* Depends on upstream having fixed it.

The practical question behind this is if course
if I should configure pacman to ignore shadow
updates until further notice.

Ciao,

--
FA