[arch-general] Crazy cursor with Linux Wacom on Tablet PC

Sachiel sachiel2014 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 5 00:39:19 CET 2010

Hi All,

I have a Lenovo X200 Tablet PC, and I've been using Linux Wacom
drivers from AUR [1] with no problems. A few weeks ago, I decided to
check for new drivers, and I not only found that I wasn't using the
last linuxwacom drivers, but that they have been changed to
xf86-input-wacom [2].

Ok, I removed the linuxwacom paquet, and compiled & installed the new
ones. But I discovered that the pen has gone crazy, as you can see
here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGCjuniMYbY . Sorry for the
video, but I didn't know how to explain the problem with just words.
Touching with finger works ok, it just needs calibration to correct a
little displacement.

The PC is a Lenovo X200 Tablet, I've tried xf86-input-wacom and
xf86-input-wacom-git [3], I've tried with no xorg.conf file (auto
configuration), and using an xorg.conf file as commented in ThinkWiki
[4], and the behaviour is always the same. I've tried to recompile the
old linuxwacom, but the current version in AUR doesn't compile, and I
don't have a copy of the previous version I was using.

Of course, I've also tried googling, but no results with "Linux Wacom
flickering cursor" or similar wording.

Any hint? Maybe this doubt is more suited for Linux Wacom developers
that General Arch Linux?

Regards,
Sergi

[4] http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/ThinkWiki