[arch-general] Does anybody still have kde3 running? libpng problems preventing apps from running?

Laurie Clark-Michalek bluepeppers at archlinux.us
Fri Mar 5 19:40:18 EST 2010

On 6 March 2010 00:22, Baho Utot <baho-utot at columbus.rr.com> wrote:
> Laurie Clark-Michalek wrote:
>

> [putolin]

>>> Because I can allow javascript per url.
>>> I can turn off javascript as a default and then turn it on for only
>>> online
>>> transactions ie buying stuff from newegg/banking.
>>>

>> Firefox with NoScript? Works fine for me here, and things like
>> temporary privileges help a lot when browsing unknown sites.
>>

> I don't like add to things to get them to work as I am not of the microsoft
> mind set.
>
> One buys a microsoft OS and you have to add a truckload of stuff just to get
> it to do something, then it fails.

So... you don't install anything on your arch linux box? I installed
the linux kernel, and it worked, but I had to install Glib, bash,
boost, and the majority of the base group to get it to do anything.
However, I can see your point. Not adding a truckload of stuff would
remove the need for a package manager, and I've always seen them as a
nuisance, always breaking down and needing updating :)

If you do a find and replace on most anti linux/anti microsoft
arguments, you'll find that they are remarkably portable :)

--
Laurie