[arch-general] top posting

Chris Hoeppner chris.webstar at gmail.com
Sat Mar 6 12:35:37 CET 2010

On 06/03/10 11:23, Nilesh Govindarajan wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 6, 2010 at 4:13 PM, Chris Hoeppner<chris.webstar at gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> On 06/03/10 10:30, Xavier Chantry wrote:

>>> Well with mutt you can use a decent text editor which will allow you
>>> do that very quickly anyway.
>>>

>> Most "decent" mail clients allow you to configure where to start typing
>> when you press "reply". Not a big deal. Gmail breaks my logic. It's awesome,
>> but I can't find a reason for it to not have bottom posting support.
>> Hopefully they'll come up with a lab feature for it, so we don't have to
>> rely on user scripts.
>>

> Do you have some script for it ?? I badly need it.

This[1] one was working fine last time I tried. The risk with these is
that they may break at any given time, depending on how Google updates
the Gmail interface. On the other hand, it's just JavaScript, and not
hard to adapt. At some point, I got annoyed with it, and switched to a
desktop client using IMAP. YMMV.

[1]http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/35866