[arch-general] top posting

Michishige Kaito chris.webstar at gmail.com
Sat Mar 6 13:08:18 CET 2010

El 06/03/2010 11:53, Nilesh Govindarajan escribió:
> On Sat, Mar 6, 2010 at 5:05 PM, Chris Hoeppner<chris.webstar at gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> On 06/03/10 11:23, Nilesh Govindarajan wrote:
>>
>>> On Sat, Mar 6, 2010 at 4:13 PM, Chris Hoeppner<chris.webstar at gmail.com

>>> Do you have some script for it ?? I badly need it.
>>>

>> This[1] one was working fine last time I tried. The risk with these is that
>> they may break at any given time, depending on how Google updates the Gmail
>> interface. On the other hand, it's just JavaScript, and not hard to adapt.
>> At some point, I got annoyed with it, and switched to a desktop client using
>> IMAP. YMMV.
>>
>> [1]http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/35866
>>

> It doesn't work anymore. I changed mail.google.tld to .com still doesn't
> work. I was also using Tbird as an IMAP client but, it doesn't do well when
> you have other accounts from which you download mail into Gmail skipping the
> inbox directly into a label.
>
> Also it sends the same message twice. I.e. it once sends it through the SMTP
> server and then while saving it to the Sent folder. Double traffic. If the
> mail is a chain mail with big attachments, it sucks on slow connections. So
> I went back to web interface.

You can disable the "copy to sent" in Thunderbird, which would probably
solve the problem you describe about "double traffic". I use the spanish
version of TB, so the name may vary, but it translates to "folders and
copies", under account settings, inside the tree view of the pertient
account.

Maybe the issue you have with Gmail import has a similarly easy
solution, you may want to try and describe it =)