[arch-general] Something is seriously wrong with FlashPlugin; makes chrome & firefox crash like crazy

Mauro Santos registo.mailling at gmail.com
Sat Mar 6 15:05:06 CET 2010

On 03/06/2010 09:39 AM, Gaurish Sharma wrote:
> Hi,
> Flashplugin keep crashing which makes Firefox unstable. with chrome, only the
> plugin crashes. But this way I am not able to experiance any flash based
> website. the thing that annoy me is that flash does work fine my lappy with
> OpenSuse.
>
> Anyone experiencing similar issues?

One of the reasons why flash keeps crashing is because it sucks.
Another of the reasons may be because your cpu may lack the lahf related
instructions. It's adobe's fault again, flash is slower than molasses so
they might as well make it as compatible as possible.

For the lahf stuff "fix" you can try [1] but it may not help at all, all
the cpus I have in my machines support lahf and I've tried with and
without this fix and flash still crashes when viewing some pages.

[1] http://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?pid=587601#p587601