[arch-general] svn packaging, abs => git ?

fons at kokkinizita.net fons at kokkinizita.net
Sun Mar 7 22:14:09 CET 2010

On Sun, Mar 07, 2010 at 02:49:01PM +0100, Thomas Bächler wrote:

> The only viable solution I could think of is using one git repository
> per package - and that is just crazy.

I wonder, is it really that crazy ?

I've been looking into git as a replacement for my own use.
One repo per project seems the 'natural' way to use it.

Downloading the complete abs would require a lot of
'git clone' operations, but is that the typical use
case ? I guess it is not. And if you really need
everything you do it once, after that it's just updates.
And most users probably don't need everything.

Also, even if I find it hard to believe, it seems that
git repos are typically much smaller than the equivalent
in svn.

Ciao,

-
FA