[arch-general] svn packaging, abs => git ?

fons at kokkinizita.net fons at kokkinizita.net
Sun Mar 7 22:34:49 CET 2010

On Sun, Mar 07, 2010 at 10:24:42PM +0100, Xavier Chantry wrote:

> I have grepped the full abs tree many times for various reasons. It is
> very practical.

No question about that, but it would still be possible to
download everything. When you do a netinstall pacman gets
a few hundred packages individually. Abs could do the same,
it would transparent to the user.

> And in 95% of the cases, I do not need any history, I just need the
> last version to read/edit/rebuild.

Yes, with git you get the full history. I've still not
grokked why that is the only option... (except for
Linus' motto: if in doubt, do the opposite of svn :-)

Ciao,

--
FA

O tu, che porte, correndo si ?