[arch-general] svn packaging, abs => git ?

Xavier Chantry chantry.xavier at gmail.com
Tue Mar 9 01:39:35 CET 2010

On Tue, Mar 9, 2010 at 1:04 AM, Aaron Griffin <aaronmgriffin at gmail.com> wrote:
> It seems like this is a "solution" that's looking for a problem to
> happen. As far as I know, working with svn isn't a big deal and isn't
> a problem.

Just a side-note : I discovered git svn today, it's really a blessing !
I very rarely hack on any svn projects, but today was the case, and I
am not able to do anything with svn.
But there is a simple explanation to that : git is the only scm I
learned and used.

I wouldn't argue whether Arch packages should use git or not simply
because I don't know better and I don't have any precise ideas how
everything would work. So anyone in the same situation is invited to
do the same :)