[arch-general] [arch-dev-public] Moving to pkg.tar.xz officially?

Ray Rashif schivmeister at gmail.com
Tue Mar 9 11:09:38 CET 2010

On 09/03/2010, Pierre Schmitz <pierre at archlinux.de> wrote:
> Am Dienstag, 9. März 2010 09:19:22 schrieb Ng Oon-Ee:
>> What about devs/tus who also maintain AUR packages? As I recall AUR
>> doesn't accept .tar.xz yet?
>
> You cannot upload packages to AUR anyway. Source packages can be kept as
> src.tar.gz. There shouldn't be a reall difference if you compress a pkgbuild
> with gz or xz.

Yep, the lzma change is only relevant for binaries, and all you need
to change is the third-last character of the second-last variable in
/etc/makepkg.conf :)

Btw, aside from namcap (which Ghost1227 semi-patched for
PKGBUILD.com), bash-completion for pacman needs to be updated.

--
GPG/PGP ID: B42DDCAD