[arch-general] RAID Configuration & Swap Space

Louis Brazeau lbrazeau at gmail.com
Wed Mar 10 16:26:46 CET 2010

On Wed, Mar 10, 2010 at 9:37 AM, Carlos Mennens <carloswill at gmail.com> wrote:
> I wanted to know if I configure my three identical disks as followed:
>
> - sda1 = /boot @ 4GB
> - sda2 = RAID @ 300GB
>
> - sdb1 = Swap @ 4GB
> - sdb2 = RAID @ 300GB
>
> - sdc1 = Swap @ 4GB
> - sdc2 = RAID @ 300GB
>
> Now when I am done configuring RAID, will Arch Linux show I have 8GB
> of Swap space total under a tool like 'htop' or something like this?
> Will the above configuration work? Or Should I change it?

Yes, I tink it would work and you would get 8GB of swap.

You are aware that if sda breaks, you loose the /boot partition and
you can't boot anymore ? I would suggest creating a 100MB /boot
partition on all 3 disks as a RAID 1 (4GB for boot is over kill IMHO).
That way you can loose any disk and still be able to boot.

Good luck

--
Louis Brazeau
Informaticien