[arch-general] what is the procedure when your find an out-of-date package in AUR?

David C. Rankin drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com
Thu Mar 11 16:19:55 CET 2010

Listmates,

	I need yum as a dependency to yum-createrepo, but the package is flagged as
out-of-date in AUR. This is the first time I've run across an out of date
package in something I needed to build so I don't have experience with the
procedure after finding a package out of date. Do we:

- let the maintainer know?
- use anyway knowing not much has changed?
- look for a way to find out why it is out of date?, if so how?

	Let me know how Arch wants this handled. Thanks.

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.
Rankin Law Firm, PLLC