[arch-general] security

Denis A. Altoé Falqueto denisfalqueto at gmail.com
Fri Mar 12 16:53:18 CET 2010

On Fri, Mar 12, 2010 at 12:43 PM, Gordon Campbell
<gordy2007 at hotmail.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Thanks for all your advice. So far I am enjoying my experience with Arch
> Linux since I changed my Distro over from Fedora about a month ago.

Just one more opinion, it can't hurt :)

I myself don't need a firewall beyond my router, but if I was in need
of one, I would certainly use Firehol [1]. It is a clever bash script
that pretends to be like a high level language for definitions of a
firewall. When the system is booting, the script is converted to the
real iptables rules. It may be a little less efficient in boot time,
but the flexibility and elegance of the definition language pay it
very well, IMHO.

So, hope that helps you.

[1] http://firehol.sourceforge.net/

--