[arch-general] Bad attitude in flyspray again!

Aaron Griffin aaronmgriffin at gmail.com
Fri Mar 12 23:38:36 CET 2010

On Fri, Mar 12, 2010 at 2:59 PM, Damjan Georgievski <gdamjan at gmail.com> wrote:
>> More-over, I think it is a bad idea. The only reason people want
>> commenting on closed bugs is so that they can argue with the
>> developers
>
> assuming malicious users up-front?

Not at all. It is statistics. For a long time before the bug
wranglers, I personally had to deal with 75% of the Project Manager
requests from flyspray. These were all reopen requests, and many of
them arguing with the actual choice a developer made. Something like:

Developer: Won't Implement. We want patch in features like this
Reopen #1: But it's a good feature and upstream says it will be included soon!
Me: Deny. He said he won't implement. Wait for upstream
Reopen #2: This should totally be done. Without this patch Arch Linux sucks!
Me: Deny