[arch-general] Customising arch iso

Aaron Griffin aaronmgriffin at gmail.com
Fri Mar 12 23:52:58 CET 2010

On Fri, Mar 12, 2010 at 4:49 PM, Thomas Bächler <thomas at archlinux.org> wrote:
> Am 12.03.2010 20:35, schrieb Aaron Griffin:
>> Well it *is* one command from a git checkout
>>
>> cd install-iso
>> make
>
> Let's make that 2:
>
> # pacman -S archiso
> # archiso-build-cd --arch i686 --format iso

This is just too complex to do in one command like that, unless it
becomes just a wrapper for what the Makefile does, in which case
you're going to be adding lots of frameworking for error checking and
dependence whatnot (that make provides by default)

As for the packages: I honestly think we should remove it and just
have people checkout from git if they want to build a CD. /shrug