[arch-general] [arch-dev-public] Allow comments on closed bugs?

Xavier Chantry chantry.xavier at gmail.com
Sat Mar 13 00:13:12 CET 2010

On Fri, Mar 12, 2010 at 11:39 PM, Allan McRae <allan at archlinux.org> wrote:
> On 13/03/10 08:35, Aaron Griffin wrote:
>>
>> Does anyone have an opinion on this?
>>
>> In my eyes, I imagine the kind of people who want this feature simply
>> wish to argue about the closing. I've had to deal with enough PM
>> requests in the past to know that this _does_ happen.
>>
>> Opinions?
>>

> I really do not see the need.
>
> If a bug is wrongly closed -> request a reopen.
> If you just want to confirm a bug has been fixed, there is no need... we
> already closed the bug report.
> If there is a "better" fix, reopen request or new bug report.

Closing bugs should not be a race, I had several times the feeling
that a bug was closed too fast and it can indeed be annoying.
Ideally the one who opened the bug should give an ACK for having their
bug closed.
There is always something to say. At least a confirmation that the bug
was fixed. Eventually a comment about how it was fixed.
And you might have additional information / explanation /
clarification that is mostly interesting for the people who followed
that bug.
It seems completely stupid to need a reopen request just to do that.