[arch-general] Bad attitude in flyspray again!

Heiko Baums lists at baums-on-web.de
Sat Mar 13 01:18:03 CET 2010

Am Fri, 12 Mar 2010 17:58:34 -0600
schrieb Aaron Griffin <aaronmgriffin at gmail.com>:

> So you wanted to add a comment totally unrelated to the bug itself to
> the bug? Isn't that polluting the bug report? What happened here is
> exactly what I'd expect - you contacted the developer.

No, this is related to the bug, because it was the same bug, only for a
different package version. And such an information or the request for
this information (the other bug's number) should be added to the
comments, so that other people who've got this issue, too, and only
find this closed bug can find the current open bug report. Otherwise
everyone would need to contact the developer directly by e-mail which
could be much more annoying for the developer than one or two
additional comments to the closed bug report and wouldn't help other
people.

It would of course be still better if the developer would give the bug
number of the current bug to which he refers directly.

Greetings,
Heiko