[arch-general] [arch-dev-public] Allow comments on closed bugs?

Robert Howard rjh0507 at ecu.edu
Sat Mar 13 02:22:35 CET 2010

What do other distros do on their bugtrackers? We should allow comments
after closing to facilitate further user input. Lets not forget that Arch
Linux would not be in it's current state without user/dev interaction.

On Mar 12, 2010 7:19 PM, "Heiko Baums" <lists at baums-on-web.de> wrote:

Am Sat, 13 Mar 2010 08:39:05 +1000
schrieb Allan McRae <allan at archlinux.org>:

> I really do not see the need.
>
> If a bug is wrongly closed -> request a reopen.
> If you just ...
And this is forcing the reporter to begging for reopening and looking
again at the bug.

Closing a bug too early can in the reporter's sight mean: "Hey! I'm the
king and I decide if I'm willing to fix the bug. And if I don't want
to, then you don't have to say anything. Your subject to my merci."

Of course this is a bit exaggerated and of course in most cases the
developer doesn't mean it, but this is how the reporter can easily
understand it. And this can lead to such misunderstandings and to angry
reactions.

Don't see this only from your (the developer's) point of view. Try to
see it from the reporter's point of view.

Greetings,
Heiko