[arch-general] Something really wrong with yum-createrepo from AUR - doesn't work.

David C. Rankin drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com
Sat Mar 13 20:57:16 CET 2010

Guys,

	The yum-createrepo package seems not to be the same as the createrepo package
that you normally see. Specifically executing the yum-createrepo script with the
help option discloses:

[13:35 nirvana:/home/backup/rpms] # createrepo --help
Usage: genpkgmetadata.py [options]

  --version             show program's version number and exit
  -h, --help            show this help message and exit
  -q, --quiet           output nothing except for serious errors
  -v, --verbose         output more debugging info.
<snip>

Huh?? Usage: genpkgmetadata.py [options]

	genpkgmetadata.py is part of createrepo, but the expected output is:

13:38 nemesis:~> createrepo --help

    createrepo [options] directory-of-packages

     -u, --baseurl <url> = optional base url location for all files
     -o, --outputdir <dir> = optional directory to output to
     -x, --exclude = files globs to exclude, can be specified multiple times
     -q, --quiet = run quietly

	The AUR package doesn't seem to be looking for the correct input. You can't
create or update a repository without specifying where the repository is??
However, the packages do share many of the same options "-p pretty, -d create
sqlite dbs, etc..", but regardless, running the yum-createrepo from AUR fails:

[13:41 nirvana:/home/backup/rpms] # createrepo --update -d factory_11.0/
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/share/createrepo/genpkgmetadata.py", line 249, in <module>
    main(sys.argv[1:])
  File "/usr/share/createrepo/genpkgmetadata.py", line 223, in main
    mdgen.doPkgMetadata()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/createrepo/__init__.py", line 367, in
doPkgMetadata
    self.writeMetadataDocs(packages)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/createrepo/__init__.py", line 531, in
writeMetadataDocs
    self.primaryfile.write(po.xml_dump_primary_metadata())
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/yum/packages.py", line 1082, in
xml_dump_primary_metadata
    msg += misc.to_unicode(self._dump_format_items())
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/yum/packages.py", line 967, in
_dump_format_items
    msg += self._dump_requires()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/yum/packages.py", line 1022, in
_dump_requires
    mylist = self._requires_with_pre()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/yum/packages.py", line 1278, in
_requires_with_pre
    pre = map(self._is_pre_req, lst)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/yum/packages.py", line 1268, in _is_pre_req
    rpm.RPMSENSE_SCRIPT_PRE |
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'RPMSENSE_PREREQ'

Anybody have an idea what is going on? I think if the errors are corrected it
will work, but I'm nut sure the PKGCONFIG is putting all the pieces together
correctly. I guess I'll try just putting the package together from source and
compare what is going on, but if anybody has any ideas, I would welcome the
input and help.

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.
Rankin Law Firm, PLLC