[arch-general] Hacking into HAL's mount process

Ray Rashif schivmeister at gmail.com
Sun Mar 14 17:16:54 CET 2010

On 15 March 2010 00:03,  <fons at kokkinizita.net> wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 14, 2010 at 08:58:45PM +0530, Nilesh Govindarajan wrote:
>
>> On 03/14/2010 08:50 PM, fons at kokkinizita.net wrote:
>>
>> >Just put the device in /etc/fstab with whatever options
>> >you want, (u)mount it manually and forget about hal.
>>
>> Doesn't do good. I have multiple pen drives :)
>
> Same here, no problem. Label them, use the label
> to identify them in /etc/fstab, and have each of
> them mounted to its own fixed place.

Anyway, back to the main topic, you have:

[schiv at v3000 hal]$ pwd
/usr/share/hal
[schiv at v3000 hal]$ grep -R flush .
./fdi/policy/10osvendor/20-storage-methods.fdi:   <append
key="volume.mount.valid_options" type="strlist">flush</append>
[schiv at v3000 hal]$

Just copy the file to /etc/hal/fdi/policy/10osvendor/ and remove that
line (it's part of a set of mount options for vfat).

--
GPG/PGP ID: B42DDCAD