[arch-general] Arch is ummnn different: my 1st installation: tried to install xfce...OOPS!

Ondřej Kučera ondrej.kucera at centrum.cz
Mon Mar 15 14:07:19 CET 2010

Hi,

On 03/15/10 07:19, Joe(theWordy)Philbrook wrote:
> When pacman reports an error, listing just one line number like that,
> does it stop processing. Or does the fact that there was only one error
> (about icons I think) mean that everything else in the package installed
> successfully???

I don't know much about xfce, being a KDE user, but start by looking at
/var/log/pacman.log. It should tell you what packages actually were
installed or which errors occured.

> Could some nice Arch user point me at enough step by step instructions so
> that I can get enough of a gui up to use a browser like firefox so I can
> try to find solutions via the web while Arch is actually running???

Or for a basic troubleshooting you could try a terminal-based browser,
such as links. It's not much, but at least ArchLinux wiki will be
perfectly readable.

Ondřej

--
Cheers,