[arch-general] Arch Linux security is still poor....

Ananda Samaddar ananda at samaddar.co.uk
Mon Mar 15 23:03:26 CET 2010

On Mon, 15 Mar 2010 14:56:32 -0700
Thayer Williams <thayerw at gmail.com> wrote:

> No offence taken and FWIW a lot of people switch distros because of
> one or two fundamental needs that aren't meant.  This wouldn't be any
> different.
>
> Look forward to hearing what you have to say...

I'd like to help get things moving before I give up on Arch.  It's too
good a distro not to.

I've been having a look at the Gentoo security policy here:

http://www.gentoo.org/security/en/vulnerability-policy.xml

It looks like a pretty good template we could adapt to our needs. The
document in that link is licensed under a Creative Commons attribution
licence.  It mirrors a lot of the things I was going to suggest too.

Ananda