[arch-general] Arch Linux security is still poor....

Chris Allison chris.charles.allison at googlemail.com
Tue Mar 16 14:23:12 CET 2010

I would have thought that this only makes sense in the context of a
"point-in-time release". i.e. you have a server which isn't updated as
regularly as your desktop.  The onus then is on the user to ensure
that the versions of packages they are using are "safe".

I don't see this as a problem with the rolling release system that Arch uses.

Where it does make sense is if a publicly available, LTS type "server"
repository is used.  Then it would be up to the maintainer of the repo
to keep on top of security fixes.

regards

Chris

--
Calling the unnamed register the unnamed register really does nothing
but negate the name the unnamed register and render the unnamed