[arch-general] Thunderbird 3 annoyance

David Rosenstrauch darose at darose.net
Wed Mar 17 15:41:31 CET 2010

I'm having a little annoyance with TBird 3, and was wondering if anyone
was experiencing the same thing and/or had a workaround.

I have a large tree of folders in TBird, from 2 different IMAP accounts.
  So I use the "Unread Folders" view, in conjunction with the
mail.check_all_imap_folders_for_new config setting.

Problem is that since the upgrade to TBird 3, when TBird grabs new
email, it automatically selects a different folder in the left ("Unread
Folders") pane.  This is really irritating.  I really want TBird to just
stay on the folder I've selected - no matter whether it gets new email
or not.

Anyone know how to fix this?  Is there some magic new config setting for
this?

I tried googling on this, but it's hard to find good search terms to
describe the problem.

Thanks,

DR