[arch-general] Thunderbird 3 annoyance

David C. Rankin drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com
Thu Mar 18 03:37:53 CET 2010

On 03/17/2010 09:41 AM, David Rosenstrauch wrote:
> I'm having a little annoyance with TBird 3, and was wondering if anyone
> was experiencing the same thing and/or had a workaround.
>
> I have a large tree of folders in TBird, from 2 different IMAP accounts.
>  So I use the "Unread Folders" view, in conjunction with the
> mail.check_all_imap_folders_for_new config setting.
>
> Problem is that since the upgrade to TBird 3, when TBird grabs new
> email, it automatically selects a different folder in the left ("Unread
> Folders") pane.  This is really irritating.  I really want TBird to just
> stay on the folder I've selected - no matter whether it gets new email
> or not.
>
> Anyone know how to fix this?  Is there some magic new config setting for
> this?
>
> I tried googling on this, but it's hard to find good search terms to
> describe the problem.
>
> Thanks,
>
> DR

DR,

	Likewise, I have 2 imaps configured with ~ 60 folders total. I just use the
inboxes for the imap itself and then use the normal threaded view and/or sort by
sender and move messages into their respective folders. I haven't worked with
seive yet or taken the time to setup procmail beyond spamassassin. I haven't
noticed any changes. I just rely on the folder highlighting and the count for
new mail message ID. Dunno if it helps, but here is a small screenshot of the
view that provides.

http://www.3111skyline.com/dl/img/ss/archlinux/tbird3-2imap.jpg

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.