[arch-general] Dedicated Arch servers

Thomas Bächler thomas at archlinux.org
Thu Mar 18 18:18:57 CET 2010

Am 18.03.2010 18:00, schrieb Aaron Griffin:
>> or you can try Linode  which is my personnel fav provider for Unmanaged VPS
>
> Additionally, Slicehost is still good, but I think spec-wise, the
> above 3 are better

Linode has the nice advantage that
a) it has pv-grub, so you can easily use kernel26-ARCH instead of a
kernel provided by the hoster
b) you get direct access to the Xen console, so you can watch the
machine boot and fix stuff

Point b) is seldom possible with dedicated servers (unless you pay
extra), and also rare for a VPS. Point a) is usually not available on VPS.