[arch-general] Dedicated Arch servers

Thomas Jost thomas.jost at gmail.com
Thu Mar 18 18:39:16 CET 2010

Le 18/03/2010 17:34, Nilesh Govindarajan a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> Do you know some dedicated server / VPS provider (unmanaged), who
> supports Arch Linux, with good service and reasonable rates ?

Kimsufi (http://www.kimsufi.com/), by OVH, in France. Real dedicated
server with 2 GB of RAM, a 500 GB hard drive and unlimited bandwidth for
30 €/month... You can install Arch Linux in a few clicks from the web
interface. You can use your own kernel, or one provided by OVH (from a
NFS mount -- you don't have to care about that, you just specify the
name of your root device and it works).

I have a server there since 2007, I recently switched from Gentoo to
Arch Linux (by hand, without losing any data, just moving partitions
around and rebooting a few times :)). Every time I had a problem (4
times in 3 years, my fault every time ;)), I could fix it either by
rebooting in "rescue mode" from the web interface (server rebooting on a
special image on a NFS mount), or by waiting (max. 2-3 hours) for a
technician to come and tell me what he could see on the screen when
rebooting the machine by hand.

--
Thomas/Schnouki