[arch-general] DVD's won't read

Felipe Tanus fotanus at gmail.com
Thu Mar 18 18:40:31 CET 2010

> Also in my drive the pin which is blocked in the 80 pin connector is
> absent. So how the cable change is going to make any difference ?
>

> --
> Nilesh Govindarajan
> Site & Server Adminstrator
> www.itech7.com

If you look closely in the image you'll see that the yellow has more wires
than the gray one. I'm not sure how it is going to  make difference, but
they said that it's the way to go. I was googling about this right now and
find nothing proibitive for DVDs with a 40 ways cable. That's why it got my
attention at the first time. If someone knows why that, please share :)

--
Felipe de Oliveira Tanus
E-mail: fotanus at gmail.com
Blog: http://www.itlife.com.br
Site: http://www.inf.ufrgs.br/~fotanus/
-----
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us." -
Gandalf