[arch-general] New versioned-dep libgl on xorg-server

Ng Oon-Ee ngoonee at gmail.com
Fri Mar 19 01:05:38 CET 2010

Hi, I saw this mentioned in the forums as well, but it was basically a
'wait for new version' advise given.

Latest xorg-server in [testing] (1.7.6-1) has a versioned dep on libgl
(libgl>=7.7.0.901). I'm sure there's reasons for this, since as I recall
versioned deps are used sparingly if at all.

I use nvidia-utils-beta however, and it only provides libgl (no specific
version). nvidia-utils from [extra] is the same. Is it safe to merely
make nvidia-utils-beta provide libgl=7.7.0.901, and will this be done
with the nvidia-utils backage from [extra]?