[arch-general] Dedicated Arch servers

Jonathan Brown jbssfl at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 20 15:35:42 CET 2010

Thanks a lot Peter.  Appreciate the support. Truly, I had absolutely no inkling that there was anything wrong about emailing him directly.  It just didn't feel quite right to reply to the ML is all.  My intent was actually the opposite of what he thought I was doing; What I didn't want to do was have the whole ML see a clearly biased recommendation, which might have actually seemed like spam if I had done that.  In fact, I was rather stunned by his response, and that is why I replied to it via the ML; I actually wanted to get a take from others on the list to see if what I did was uncouth.

I just thought it would be cool to finally do an install with Arch.... like I said I don't think we have any servers with Arch on them- anyway, that will be my last conversation with him, given that he apparently thinks I'm some sort of Arch-list-lurker-spammer dude..

Regards,
Jon