[arch-general] CUPS working fine through 3/15 now won't print?

David C. Rankin drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com
Tue Mar 23 05:12:55 CET 2010

On 03/22/2010 03:22 AM, Geoff wrote:
> On Mon, 22 Mar 2010 01:15:57 -0500
> "David C. Rankin" <drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com> wrote:
>
> <snip>
>
>>  I have debugging enabled and cups seems to be
>> choking on ssl cert generation. That's strange, I just
>> thought I was using basic authentication:
>
> <snip>
>
> Do you have the directory /etc/cups/ssl?
>
> http://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=93100
>
> Geoff

Thanks Geoff,

	That was a lifesaver. Creating /etc/cups/ssl and setting permissions to root:lp
(chown root:lp /etc/cups/ssl) and then restarting cups fixed my remote print
problem.

	When samba 3.2.5 and the latest cups were installed, the Arch packages did not
create the /etc/cups/ssl directory. Comparing the /etc/cups directory on Arch to
the /etc/cups dir on suse, it looks like suse has the following directories
included:

[23:09 alchemy:/etc/cups] # l1
interfaces
ppd
ssl
yes

	while Arch has:

[23:10 nirvana:/etc/cups] # ls -1
ppd

	which now requires adding the 'ssl' directory. I don't know if 'interfaces' or
'yes' makes any difference, but 'ssl' sure does for remote printing.

Thanks again!

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.
Rankin Law Firm, PLLC