[arch-general] Unable To Rendor PHP Pages in Apache

Carlos Mennens carloswill at gmail.com
Tue Mar 23 22:12:45 CET 2010

I today installed Apache on my Arch Linux server. I did the following:

# pacman -S php apache php-apache mcrypt pcre

Then I edited the /etc/php/php.ini file & un-commented the following:

[...]
extension=mcrypt.so
extension=mysql.so
extension=mysqli.so
;extension=odbc.so
;extension=openssl.so
;extension=pdo.so
;extension=pdo_mysql.so
[...]

I then restarted the 'httpd' service and when I try to render a HTML
page with PHP code, it wont rendor the code properly and just looks
like a script / code. I don't understand why I can't get Apache to
render PHP pages. Does anyone know what I am missing? This is only a
problem for me on Arch. RHEL, Debian, Ubuntu. and Slackware all work
out of the box.

Any suggestions?