[arch-general] Chromium default browser

Nilesh Govindarajan lists at itech7.com
Wed Mar 24 16:46:17 CET 2010

On 03/24/2010 08:56 PM, Gaurish Sharma wrote:
> On Wednesday 24 Mar 2010 7:40:32 pm Nilesh Govindarajan wrote:
>> How to make Chromium as default browser ?
>>
>> I'm using KDE.
>>
>> But I'll like to have the same setting in GNOME too.
>>
>> I changed the command at systemsettings from 'firefox' to 'chromium'
>>
>> It although opens chromium, but doesn't open the link in it.
> Hi,
> Systemsettings -->  	Default Applications -->  Web broswer
>
> Works for me, It opens all links into chrome.

What did you type in it ?

I typed simply chromium where I previously had firefox.

Further, to test, I created a bash script which records the parameters
passed to it in a file.

I have Pastebin on my desktop, which notified me 'Open Browser', it the
file in which I recorded parameters was blank.

--
Nilesh Govindarajan
Site & Server Administrator