[arch-general] Problem mounting shares with latest smbclient-3.5.0-2

Nigel Henry cave.dnb2m97pp at aliceadsl.fr
Mon Mar 29 12:27:25 CEST 2010

I have smbclient-3.5.0-2, and did the suggested chmod +s on /sbin/mount.cifs,
and /sbin/umount.cifs. The UID, and GID bits are now set on both, but I still
can't mount shares from KDEmod3's smb4k (version 0.9.9).

The error message says "/sbin/mount.cifs: permission denied: no match found
for /home/djmons/smb4k/GATEWAY/djmons found in /etc/fstab".

Now I don't believe I need an entry in /etc/fstab because on my Debian lenny
install an entry is created in /etc/mtab when the share is mounted, and
removed when unmounted.

I can't revert back to my earlier version of smbclient (version 3.3.7-1), as I
only recently installed the samba package (samba-3.5.0-2), and have no
version to match my earlier version of the smbclient. are earlier package
versions still kept somewhere?

I do have more than one user set up on this Archlinux install. Would that have
anything to do with why the chmod +s isn't doing it's job properly?
idiotboy:x:1002:
djmons:x:1003:

Any suggestions as how to resolve the problem.

Nigel.