[arch-general] kaffeine [sigh] is there an alternative that:...

Heiko Baums lists at baums-on-web.de
Tue Mar 30 11:57:36 CEST 2010

Am Tue, 30 Mar 2010 02:46:57 -0400
schrieb "Joe(theWordy)Philbrook" <jtwdyp at ttlc.net>:

> Could somebody recommend another media player I could try that will
> let me create temporary music lists on the fly by typing the path to
> a parent dir containing multiple music directories???

I don't know if it meets your requirements regarding the playlist, but
the best audio player I know is MOC (http://moc.daper.net). It has the
best sound quality of every player I know and is controlled by keyboard.

You can set a "global" music directory in its config file and by
pressing 'a' it appends the selected file or recursively every music
file in the selected directory and its subdirectories to the playlist.

Pressing 'h' brings the help screen.

I'm using Kaffeine only for watching DVB. Btw., I'd like to see the old
KDE3 version 0.8.8 back in the repos, because Kaffeine 1.0 is only a
pre version, which lacks of a lot of features and has several bugs,
which make it pretty unusable for me.

Heiko