[arch-general] kaffeine [sigh] is there an alternative that:...

Heiko Baums lists at baums-on-web.de
Tue Mar 30 17:05:09 CEST 2010

Am Tue, 30 Mar 2010 22:10:22 +0800
schrieb Ian-Xue Li <da.mi.spirit at gmail.com>:

> As for MOC, I recommend cmus over MOC because it got more decoder over
> different types files.

Well, just tried cmus. It's so complicated an unintuitive. If I need to
first finish my degree to be able to use a program then there's
something wrong with it. If I add a directory to the playlist, there
are no tracks listed in the playlist, only the directory, and the
tracks are played in random order, there's no progress bar, etc. And to
do simple things, you first need to enter complicated vi like
commands. I hate vi, btw. And my impression is that the sound quality
of MOC is still a bit better.

I doubt that one need the other decoders. At least I haven't missed a
decoder in MOC.

Heiko